Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 October 2013

I ♥ Facebook



I’ve always had a love-hate relationship with Facebook. 

When I joined it for the very first time – not long after its official launch, it was a very exciting time for me. 
 
I was able to connect with friends and acquaintances that I hadn’t seen or even thought of for absolutely years. Yep. That meant old boyfriends. ;)

But my bird’s eye view of my own little community soon started to leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Whether it was the popularity race to gain as many friends, likes and VIP passes as possible or the bitchiness, back biting and ridiculous fall outs. It soon all started to grate on me.

The incessant stream of ‘Look at me!’ & ‘My life is amazing!’ status updates (which we all knew was absolute bollocks) littered my news feed on a Chinese water-torture basis.

I didn’t want to look at people riding camels in Marmaris when I was sat looking out of my window at the pissing down rain. 

I didn’t want to look at all my friends drinking champagne in swanky bars whilst my evening consisted of Question Time, a sausage roll and a packet of Digestives. 

Neither did I want to install the ‘Who’s been viewing your profile? App or play soddin Farmville or Candy Crush. 

I did like words with friends and Scrabble though.

Anyway, to cut a very, very long and extremely monotonous story short, Facebook and I broke up.

I’ll be honest; I simply got fed up of the same thing that had attracted me to it in the first place.

But absence did indeed make the heart grow stronger and now, some five years later - we’re officially back together!

It took a lot of personal growth on both parts for us to kiss and make-up but I am happy to say that I have fallen passionately back in cyber-love with Facebook.

I now appreciate the truly amazing technological miracle it is, and that besides being a public notice board for peoples sleeping/eating/drinking/sexual/toilet habits, Facebook also has the magical ability to inspire and facilitate the aspirations of my tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment